The next step towards a modern, fit-for-purpose campground at the Takapuna Beach Holiday Park has been realised, with Devonport-Takapuna Local Board giving landowner approval for works to prepare and develop the site, Auckland Council announces. The holiday park’s beachfront location will offer quality accommodation with a beach feel that’s perfect for holidaymakers and those visiting Auckland for events or to see family and friends. The design will include a central communal area with kitchen and dining facilities, as well as three satellite bathrooms. Energy efficiency and recycling technology will be incorporated wherever possible. The design will also include reflections on ancient Māori history and the unique geology of the area.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor