The government is under pressure to explain why it’s giving yet more special treatment to celebrities for the The Lion King musical, Newshub reports. While it’s good news for audiences, it was a slap in the face for local productions crushed by COVID-19. The Lion King joins a cast of other entertainers and sports events given priority visas, from The Wiggles, to the Avatar crew, and more than 700 for the America’s Cup.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor