Auckland Airport’s domestic terminal was evacuated on Friday morning after reports of smoke within the terminal, RNZ reports. Fire and Emergency crews were called to the airport about 4.30am. Several flights were delayed due to the fire alarm, but the terminal was back open by 6.15am.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor