The Bucklands Beach school girl who tragically died after being hit by a car on her way to school, will be laid to rest on Wednesday, NZ Herald reports. Pigeon Mountain Primary School student Joanna Zhifei Kong, aged 5, died on Sunday at Starship Hospital after being hit by a car outside the school last Tuesday. The school girl’s funeral will be held on Wednesday afternoon. Meanwhile, police continue to investigate the circumstances of the crash, and have forbidden a 77-year-old man, who was involved in the incident, to drive.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor