School strikers across New Zealand will rally again in April to demand climate action, for the first time since Covid-19 hit, Stuff reports. On Friday 9 April, “marches, protests and action” will take place across the country, from Auckland in the north to Dunedin in the south. School Strike 4 Climate spokesman Jack Barlow said the purpose of the strike was to call for “bold leadership” on climate change.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor