Triple murderer William Dwane Bell has lost a legal challenge which he took up against the decision to classify him as a maximum security prisoner, Stuff reports. Bell killed William Absolum, Wayne Johnson and Mary Hobson, and attempted to murder Susan Couch, at the Mt Wellington Panmure Returned and Services Association in Auckland in 2001. He is currently serving a life sentence with New Zealand’s longest minimum non-parole period, 30 years, at Auckland Prison in Paremoremo.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor