Two men have been found guilty of murder and aggravated robbery, over the Red Fox Tavern shooting which occured more than 30 years ago, RNZ reports. Father of two Chris Bush,aged 43, was shot to death at the pub in Maramarua in October 1987, while the offenders fled with tens of thousands of dollars in cash, coins and cheques. Mark Hoggart and another man with name suppression have been on trial in the High Court at Auckland for the past seven weeks, but were disrupted due to Covid-19 lockdowns. Nevertheless, after 18 hours of deliberations, the jury returned guilty verdicts for the two men.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday