KiwiRail will run a dedicated rainbow train service on the Northern Explorer from Auckland to Wellington, to coincide with the capital city’s Pride Festival, Newshub reports. The Rainbow Explorer train promises the chance to travel in style to the festival, Tū Whakahīhī e Te Whanganui-ā-Tara, which culminates on Saturday, March 27 with Out in the City and CubaDupa in Wellington. The Rainbow Explorer leaves Auckland’s Strand station at 7.45am on Thursday, March 25, and will arrive at Wellington Station at 6.57pm. Tickets for the journey cost $197 per person.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor