Economist Cameron Bagrie has warned property investors to prepare for an inevitable interest rates hike, Newshub reports. Without being able to rely on asset price growth, Bagrie says Kiwis with money tied up in property will need to look for an alternative to make a living. Bagrie also noted the need for a far better fiscal policy. Fiscal policy is led by the Government, while monetary policy is the domain of the Reserve Bank.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor