Political pressure is mounting for the Government to prioritise vaccinating South Aucklanders against Covid-19, TVNZ reports. South Auckland is currently grappling with the latest outbreak of Covid-19, and was the centre of the August cluster last year. Doctors and community health workers have already tagged South Auckland as a front line in the fight to keep the virus out, and note that this understandably makes many locals very anxious. Meanwhile, Auckland Mayor Phil Goff said decisions on how the vaccine would be distributed when it rolled out nationwide should be left to officials but should also be judged on risk.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor