Significant improvements at Ports of Auckland are needed, as revealed by an independent health and safety review conducted by Construction Health and Safety New Zealand (CHASNZ), Newshub reports. According to Auckland Mayor Phil Goff, the review found systemic problems relating to health and safety risk management and organisational culture relating to health and safety. Mayor Goff also added that Ports of Auckland’s health and safety approach didn’t reflect the level of risk inherent in port operations and that it needed to be addressed.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa