Significant improvements at Ports of Auckland are needed, as revealed by an independent health and safety review conducted by Construction Health and Safety New Zealand (CHASNZ), Newshub reports. According to Auckland Mayor Phil Goff, the review found systemic problems relating to health and safety risk management and organisational culture relating to health and safety. Mayor Goff also added that Ports of Auckland’s health and safety approach didn’t reflect the level of risk inherent in port operations and that it needed to be addressed.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor