An Auckland councillor is calling on on TVNZ to scrap the reality show Police Ten 7 over what he says are racist stereotypes, RNZ reports. The show, which airs on Thursday nights, has run for 28 seasons. However, Councillor Efeso Collins said it feeds on stereotypes – particularly that of young, brown-skinned men being brutish.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor