Police have named the two people who died in a double homicide in the Auckland suburb of Epsom on Friday, Newshub reports. The victims were husband and wife Herman Bangera, 60, and Elizabeth Bangera, 55. Both were stabbed and later died in a house on The Drive just after 11:30am. A third person, believed to be their son, was taken to hospital with critical injuries. A scene examination is ongoing and the investigation team is continuing to speak to people linked to the family.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday