Police have named the two people who died in a double homicide in the Auckland suburb of Epsom on Friday, Newshub reports. The victims were husband and wife Herman Bangera, 60, and Elizabeth Bangera, 55. Both were stabbed and later died in a house on The Drive just after 11:30am. A third person, believed to be their son, was taken to hospital with critical injuries. A scene examination is ongoing and the investigation team is continuing to speak to people linked to the family.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor