New data from the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) reveals that pokie machine venues in South Auckland earned more than $26 million in the fourth quarter of 2020, Stuff reports. This meant a 20 percent increase on the $21,866,959 in the third quarter of last year. The figures are divided by local board areas of South Auckland, including Franklin, Māngere-Ōtāhuhu, Manurewa, Ōtara-Papatoetoe, and Papakura.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor