One person was arrested and 68 fines were given out on the weekend during a gang motorbike ride for charity, Stuff reports. Police said last week they would be “vigorously investigating” the Saturday motorbike ride, held by the Hells Angels Nomads. Police had set up checkpoints in Auckland’s North Shore and Rodney areas after the ride was announced.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor