Nestle has reassured Kiwis that the company is committed to keeping its factory open in South Auckland, RNZ reports. The statement comes after the company told its employees that up to 45 people – or around 40 percent of the workforce – could be laid off. The decision to lay off employees is part of a proposed restructure that will move production of Nestle’s Australian lolly brands to Melbourne.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor