Another Auckland suburb has fallen prey to unsightly tree pruning, leaving more residents frustrated and angry, Stuff reports. Residents at Waterview’s Alford St complained that trees had been cut into unsightly V-shapes by Auckland Council contractor Treescape. Auckland Council’s regional arborists and ecological manager, David Stejskal, said pruning of trees away from power lines is required to stop network outages. Meanwhile, Auckland Council is investigating the state of the Scott Rd trees.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor