Fresh questions are being asked over management at managed isolation (MIQ) hotels, following news of a possible transmission at an Auckland facility, RNZ reports. Genome sequencing detected a link between two returnees who stayed on different floors at the Grand Mercure. They arrived on separate flights, two days apart. Meanwhile, health officials have asked 250 people, who stayed at the Grand Mercure at the same time as the two recent cases, to isolate at home and get tested.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor