Kiwis are warned not to consume raw mussels following a spike in cases of Vibrio Parahaemolyticus – the bacteria that most often causes seafood poisoning, Newshub reports. The Institute of Environmental Science and Research (ESR) reported 22 cases of Vibrio Parahaemolyticus since the start of 2021. There was a notable increase on the 14 cases recorded in the same period last year, and just four the year before that. Vibrio Parahaemolyticus symptoms can be severe, including bloody or watery diarrhoea, cramps, nausea and vomiting, fever and headaches.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor