Thirty-two people tackled the 20 kilometre swim from Auckland’s Waiheke Island to Okahu Bay this year, to raise funds for the Auckland Westpac Rescue Helicopter, Stuff reports. More than $39,000 was raised for the trust during the Westpac Chopper Swim. The yearly event has been running since 2016, but was unable to go ahead last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday