Thirty-two people tackled the 20 kilometre swim from Auckland’s Waiheke Island to Okahu Bay this year, to raise funds for the Auckland Westpac Rescue Helicopter, Stuff reports. More than $39,000 was raised for the trust during the Westpac Chopper Swim. The yearly event has been running since 2016, but was unable to go ahead last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor