Ten Chinese workers facing deportation for staying and working in New Zealand illegally, are still in police custody in Auckland, RNZ reports. According to Immigration New Zealand (INZ), most of the workers, who immigration officials arrested at a construction site in central Auckland this week, are set to leave the country on April 4, while the other man will have to stay longer for investigation purposes. INZ deputy head Stephen Vaughan said staff with relevant language skills were used during this operation.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor