Government support for the aviation sector will be extended to ensure regular air freight services continue and the country stays connected with trade partners, RNZ reports. Transport Minister Michael Wood said another $170 million will be set aside for the sector until the end of October, drawn from the Covid-19 support package. When the borders closed last year, the government allocated $372m to airfreight connectivity for the International Airfreight Capacity (IAFC) scheme.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa