Period products will be available for free at selected Auckland Council-run facilities, as part of a pilot scheme which will run until the end of March, Stuff reports. The roll-out of the products – which will be available at 35 female, male and gender-neutral bathrooms across the city – comes after the announcement of free period products in school earlier this year. The pilot scheme is part of a partnership between charity The Period Place and Auckland Council. Free sanitary products can be accessed at Wesley Community Centre, Roskill Youth Zone, Te Puke ō Tara Community Centre, Onehunga Community Centre, Te Atatū Peninsula Community Centre, Studio One Toi Tū, Oranga Community Centre and Ellen Melville Centre.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor