America’s Cup organisers have postponed the first weekend of racing, in the wake of the Government’s decision to move Auckland into a Level 3 Lockdown, TVNZ reports. Although racing won’t go ahead under the Level 3 restrictions next weekend, racing may still be able to go ahead in the future if the lockdown continues beyond the current seven-day period. According to America’s Cup Event Ltd Chairperson Tina Symmans, the organisation is exploring ways to race under Level 3 restrictions through an exemption.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday