A woman not long out of school has won $10,000 after various issues with her employer, including limiting breaks and an unexpected disciplinary meeting which took place in the middle of an Auckland mall – after which she was comforted by a customer, NZ Herald reports. Rebecca Young started as a cafe assistant without a written employment agreement at the Muffin Break Cafe in Botany Town Centre in early September 2018. The cafe franchise was operated by Bourson Limited, and De Kai (Larry) Lu was the sole director at that time.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor