A woman not long out of school has won $10,000 after various issues with her employer, including limiting breaks and an unexpected disciplinary meeting which took place in the middle of an Auckland mall – after which she was comforted by a customer, NZ Herald reports. Rebecca Young started as a cafe assistant without a written employment agreement at the Muffin Break Cafe in Botany Town Centre in early September 2018. The cafe franchise was operated by Bourson Limited, and De Kai (Larry) Lu was the sole director at that time.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday