A Covid-driven slump of more than 40 per cent in Auckland’s public transport use may not fully recover for years, Stuff reveals. Analysis shows the impact of changing habits, such as working from home. According to Auckland Transport (AT), the city is experiencing not only a blip but a “significant structural change” to demand for public transport, including a small shift back to cars. Many regular users were boarding public transport less frequently, and most planned to stick with their new pattern.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday