The government is not sure if Italy halting an export Covid-19 vaccine to Australia will affect New Zealand also, Stuff reports. In TVNZ’s Breakfast interview on Friday, Associate health minister Dr Ayesha Verrall said it is unclear where in the world New Zealand’s supply of AstraZeneca vaccine will be made – specifically whether it will be in the European Union or not – as the vaccine is yet to be approved by regulator MedSafe. New Zealand signed an advance purchase agreement for 7.6 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, which requires two doses.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor