The government has rejected the call for an inquiry into the Valentine’s Day outbreak in Auckland, RNZ reports. The National Party wants a full investigation, saying New Zealand is a year into the pandemic and costly mistakes are still being made. However, Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins says that’s not necessary, but adds they will take a look to see if some of the messaging is confusing and needs changing. Valentines Day 2021 delivered three days of lockdown for Auckland, followed by a brief respite then back into Alert Level 3 for seven days.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor