Six food hubs are planned for Auckland over the next week, in an effort to help those struggling to get enough to eat during lockdown, RNZ reports. The hubs are part of a response to mounting demands on food banks for food parcels, and will operate under strict health and safety protocols.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor