The marine sector is calling on the government to let superyacht owners come into New Zealand waters and quarantine onboard their plush vessels, TVNZ reports. Only 20 superyachts have booked for their $50,000-plus refits since last winter, which is when the border restrictions rule came into effect. Superyacht agent Duthie Lidgard estimated that up to 70 superyachts would come if their owners could join their vessel.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor