An Auckland barber has been offering haircuts at “yours or mine”, despite the city being in an Alert Level 3 Covid-19 Lockdown, Stuff reports. Freeman’s Bay resident Karl, who wouldn’t give his surname, advertised his “lock it down barber” service on the noticeboard at Ponsonby Countdown on the second day of Level 3 restrictions. Karl was offering the $10 cuts in order to clock up the hours needed to become fully qualified as a barber, but hadn’t secured any clients to date. Barbers, hairdressers – and any other businesses that require close physical contact – are not allowed to operate at Levels 3 or 4.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor