An abusive email sent to the school at the centre of Auckland’s latest community Covid-19 outbreak has been referred to the police, Stuff reports. Papatoetoe High School principal Vaughan Couillault confirmed he has forwarded an abusive email to police. The email comes as the local community has had to confront “regional profiling”, being targeted due to coronavirus cases centred around the school and a seven-day lockdown triggered by a positive case who was in the community while infectious. Meanwhile, Couillault declined to divulge the content of the email.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor