23,000 vehicles were processed at Auckland’s southern checkpoints on Sunday – more than were processed there in total during Auckland’s 72-hour lockdown earlier this month, Stuff reports. According to Counties Manukau road policing manager senior sergeant Jono Chappell, many were Aucklanders returning from a weekend at their beaches, or from events like the Six60 concert. Aucklanders have expressed their frustrations due to the congestion.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday