Counties Manukau District Health Board is short 150 nurses – a revelation the New Zealand Nurses Organisation is calling outrageous, Stuff reports. The shortages were emphasized in the parliamentary health select committee’s annual review of the DHB on Wednesday. Chief nurse Jenny Parr said it was a problem as the DHB tries to juggle staff working in managed isolation facilities, while the country’s closed borders restrict access to overseas workers. Counties Manukau Health’s battle with staffing shortages isn’t new, as it was revealed in September 2020 that its Mental Health and Addiction department had a staffing shortage of 121 positions.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor