Construction has started on a controversial marina development on Waiheke Island, despite the final rumblings of a court battle still going on at the Supreme Court, Stuff reveals. The Kennedy Point Marina has been at the forefront of intense legal wrangling over its suitability for the island in Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf. Save Kennedy Point (SKP), which has been fighting the marina since 2017, is yet to hear the outcome of a last-ditch appeal to the Supreme Court over the resource consent granted by Auckland Council.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor