Construction has started on a controversial marina development on Waiheke Island, despite the final rumblings of a court battle still going on at the Supreme Court, Stuff reveals. The Kennedy Point Marina has been at the forefront of intense legal wrangling over its suitability for the island in Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf. Save Kennedy Point (SKP), which has been fighting the marina since 2017, is yet to hear the outcome of a last-ditch appeal to the Supreme Court over the resource consent granted by Auckland Council.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa