Destiny church leaders Brian and Hannah Tamaki have escaped Auckland for Rotorua to avoid the Level 3 Lockdown, Newshub reports. At a Sunday service, the Tamakis explained their reasons for fleeing the city, encouraged members to give more tithes to receive jubilee blessings and urged their followers not to fear the virus. The move comes as concern mounts over some churches defying lockdown rules and spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor