Water theft from Auckland’s pipe network has more than doubled over three years, and in one case a firm used 18 million unpaid litres, Stuff reports. Auckland’s Watercare already has one case before the courts, after having recovered nearly $1 million dollars from 359 instances over the past three years. The number of water theft cases has increased from 70 in 2018 to 178 in 2020.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday