Work to transform Federal Street (between Mayoral Drive and Wellesley Street) into a safer space for pedestrians, will begin in March, Auckland Council announces. The Federal Street transformation is part of a wider programme creating a network of inviting, people-friendly laneways in the CBD. Stage 2 of the upgrade will turn a section of Federal Street into a high-quality shared space for the many people who walk or cycle through it, work in the area, or call Federal Street home.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor