Auckland Emergency Management (AEM) will test the region’s tsunami siren network on Sunday, April 4, Auckland Council announces. The twice-yearly test will begin at noon, with the purpose of ensuring the siren network is working as it should. During the test, the sirens may sound a number of times for a maximum of 10 minutes. More details can be found here regarding Auckland’s siren locations.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa