An old tennis court in Northcote, Auckland, has become a winner at auction, selling for $2.21 million, Stuff reports. The court, with stunning views of the Waitematā Harbour and Auckland City skyline, is the only lot on Ocean View Rd to have never been built upon. According to the Auckland Council website, the property has a capital valuation of about $1.28m. Michelle Russell, daughter of Raymond Russell, said the 1012-square-metre plot of land was purchased for £500 in 1956. Russell also said she had decided to sell the property, which belonged to a family trust, as it had become too hard for her to maintain.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor