The owner of an Auckland historic pub and restaurant is calling on the Government to better support businesses impacted by City Rail Link (CRL) construction, Newshub reports. Sunny Kaushal, owner of The Shakespeare, said his business is in a “grave situation” after years of disruption from the CRL. Now, the COVID-19 pandemic is causing further problems for already vulnerable businesses. This is the second time Kausal has spoken out regarding the impacts of the CRL. Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Michael Woods said the Transport Minister is “continuing to look at this issue” as the Government and Auckland Council have provided financial support for businesses affected by City Rail Link’s C2 contract works.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor