Auckland Mayor Phil Goff says a draft report on safety at the city’s port is complete and will pave the way for change, RNZ reports. There have been three deaths at Auckland Port since 2017, and an Auckland Council-led safety review into the port was launched after a death in August 2020 . According to Goff, better monitoring and enforcement of health and safety is needed.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor