Auckland police arrested 10 people and seized more than $10 million worth of assets, in a final operation targeting high-end money launderers, Stuff reports. The arrests were made following 12 search warrants across Auckland on Wednesday morning, as part of a money laundering investigation by the police’s financial crime group. According to Detective Inspector Lloyd Schmid, the investigation, dubbed Operation Ida, was the third and final leg of a trilogy of operations, which included Operation Martinez and Operation Brookings. In total, 28 people have been arrested and 103 charges laid across the three operations and more than $21m restrained.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor