Jerome Dean, 22, appeared in the High Court at Auckland today, telling those in the room he wanted to “take responsibility” for his actions, NZ Herald reports. Dean entered a guilty plea to a culpable homicide not amounting to murder. The 3-month-old child died on April 13, 2020 at Middlemore Hospital after an incident at a Papatoetoe house.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor