A liquor store owner has been fined $10,000 for breaches of employment law, despite the fact that the victims withdrew their complaints, Stuff reports. The Employment Relations authority ruled that the Labour Inspector was entitled to pursue penalties against Super Ventures Limited, even after affected employees reached a settlement with the company. Super Ventures operated a Super Liquor outlet in Auckland which later changed its name to Brews Mt Albert.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa