A liquor store owner has been fined $10,000 for breaches of employment law, despite the fact that the victims withdrew their complaints, Stuff reports. The Employment Relations authority ruled that the Labour Inspector was entitled to pursue penalties against Super Ventures Limited, even after affected employees reached a settlement with the company. Super Ventures operated a Super Liquor outlet in Auckland which later changed its name to Brews Mt Albert.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor