The 2021 Auckland Lantern Festival has been cancelled after the announcement that the city will be at Alert Level 3 until March 6th, Auckland Council reports. The festival, which was originally scheduled for February 25-28, was postponed to March 4-7, but can only take place at Alert Level 1. Since Auckland will be under Alert Level 3 during the first three days of the event, it was decided to just cancel the event. Auckland Mayor Phil Goff said it’s disappointing that the Auckland Lantern Festival has had to be cancelled, but it’s necessary given the recent cases of COVID-19 in the community and the Level 3 Alert in Auckland.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor