Supporters of the derailed Auckland Bridge Skypath are sceptical about reported plans for a second harbour bridge, RNZ reports. It’s believed the Skypath plan – to build a cycling and pedestrian lane onto the existing bridge – won’t go forward due to fundamental technical issues. Waka Kotahi Transport Agency is now reportedly considering building a second bridge across Auckland harbour for buses and bikes.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor