An Auckland bike group is “gutted” after the planned cycling and walking path over the Harbour Bridge ran into technical issues, Newshub reports. The Skypath project is facing engineering issues and has been delayed. Chair of Bike Auckland, Barb Cuthbert, told Newshub the issue relates to the piers which support the bridge. Skypath is part of the $360 million dollar Northern Pathway project, with $240 million earmarked for the bridge and $120 million for extending the pathway to the Akoranga bus station near Northcote.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor