Auckland ranks fourth globally for least affordable city for housing in the 2021 Annual Demographia International Housing Affordability report, Stuff reveals. The Demographia ranks 92 major housing markets – with populations of more than one million – in eight countries, based on the median multiple which measures median house price divided by gross median household income. It studied housing affordability in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, UK and the US. The report showed that Auckland’s median multiple is 10, which means median house prices are 10 times the gross median household income.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor