Auckland ranks fourth globally for least affordable city for housing in the 2021 Annual Demographia International Housing Affordability report, Stuff reveals. The Demographia ranks 92 major housing markets – with populations of more than one million – in eight countries, based on the median multiple which measures median house price divided by gross median household income. It studied housing affordability in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, UK and the US. The report showed that Auckland’s median multiple is 10, which means median house prices are 10 times the gross median household income.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday