Auckland entertainer Mika X has been named as the entertainer who attempted to bribe a man to withdraw his police complaint against a prominent businessman, TVNZ reports. The entertainer admitted to attempting to bribe the complainant on two occasions – once in Auckland, and another on the Gold Coast. Mika X was sentenced to 11 months home detention; his lawyers did not oppose name suppression being lifted.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor